Looking back on my 2019 reading challenge in Goodreads, I am happy that I accomplished reading more than what I did in 2018. I didn’t make my reading goal of 60 but I did read 58 books which a big thing for me since I had several months of reading slumps.
My title of this post is 2020 Goals because I decided for 2020 that I am going to not only focus on reading goals but also focusing other goals. Here are my goals for 2020.
In 2019, I did more reading challenges than what I stated but for right now I am going to do these three and if challenge comes up that I would be interested in doing than I have the flexibility to do them.
- TBR and Beyond – Yearly Reading Challenge: I am moderator for TBR and Beyond Facebook group. I didn’t do a good job in tracking the books I read for this challenge last year so this year, I decided to setup a spreadsheet so that I can track the books better and hopefully I will be able to complete it.
- Reading Rivalry Monthly Reading Challenge: Reading Rivalry is a Facebook group that holds monthly reading challenges that are theme and highlight three authors. I did do several of these challenges last year and it was a lot fun which help me read a lot more in the month.
- Goodreads 2020 Reading Challenge: I have set my reading challenge on Goodreads to 50 books for 2020, I think this a realistic goal for myself and if I feel the need to increase throughout the year then I will be able too.
- Book Series: I didn’t complete all of the book series I wanted to last year but I did complete other series. I completed Song of the Dead series by Sarah Glenn Marsh and The Folk of the Air series by Holly Black. I am going to focus on completing 3 book series this year this was it will be less pressure to get more than that done.
- The Diviners series by Libba Bray
- The Infernal Devices by Cassandra Clare
- Jackaby series by William Ritter
- Audiobooks: In 2019, I did read more audiobooks while I was at work and I am going to continue to do so.
- Contemporary and Middle Grade books: I read some contemporary and middle grade books last year but I would like to incorporate a little more into my reading.
- Backlist: Going to try to read my older books that I have been on my shelf for a long time. Let’s see if I can accomplish that with all of the great new books coming out in 2020.
Last year, I didn’t do as well as I wanted to with my blog and I would like to make changes at being better at posting and be more creative with it. These are some ideas that I am thinking and planning to do so far in 2020.
- Weekly posting: Plan to post weekly on book news and updating where I am at in reading that month.
- Monthly postings: Top 10 Most Anticipated New Releases, Cover reveals, TBR and book hauls
- Reviews: I really didn’t do a good job at posting my reviews after I read the books and I think what will be best for me is doing post all of the books I have read during the month at the end of the month as monthly book review post. I think it would be easier for me to do them monthly instead of trying to do them weekly.
- Top 5: Post on monthly basis my top 5 starred books.
This year I want to work on some personal goals that I had stop focusing on last year.
- Health: I need to focus on my physical and mental so I can be better, stronger me for myself and my family.
- Creativity: I stop working crafting projects for about 2 years now, I really want to get back into creating new projects.
- Travel: I am going to start traveling more with my family and friends, I want to be enjoy life instead of letting it go by without taking the chances of doing it.
These are all of my 2020 goals that I would like to accomplished. I know the reading and blog ones will be doable. I know my personal ones I will need to work hard to accomplished and be an ongoing goals.
What are your goals for 2020?