It’s a new month, means gathering up books for TBR for February and putting them into my TBR cart. Unfortunately, I did not meet my reading goal for January but I am going to try to do better this month .
This month I decided to participate in some reading challenges with my participating in the group reads in TBR and Beyond Book Club.
Challenges I am doing this month are:
The first challenge is from Reading Rivalry called Iconic Couples (this is the first time I am doing this challenge). The following are the criteria for the challenge:
- Author Highlight (Colleen Hoover, Jay Kristoff, Sabaa Tahir)
- Love Triangle
- Book that you think should be a movie
- Book featuring a person of color
- A Satire
- A book recommended by a celebrity you admire
- A Red/Pink spine
- A book inspired by Asian mythology, legend, or folklore
- A book you wouldn’t normally pickup
A book set in High School
I have chosen the books for this challenge and they are on my cart.
The second challenge is from TBR and Beyond Book Club is the monthly challenge called When Royalty Comes To Play.
I chosen two ropes this time around, I chose the Snow Queen and Faerie Queen.
The books I chosen for Snow Queen rope:
- Royalty: Cinder by Marissa Meyer
- TBR Read: The Gilded Wolves by Roshani Chokshi
- Magic: Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard
- Winter Read: The Black Witch by Lauren Forest
And the books I chosen for Faerie Queen rope:
- Royalty: My Lady Jane by Cynthia Hand, Brodi Ashton, Jodi Meadows
- Magical Creatures: A Crown of Wishes by Roshani Chokshi
- Fae: The Wicked King by Holly Black
- Dark Fantasy: Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo
Also, I had one of the admins from TBR and Beyond Book Club to pick out two books to be included into my February TBR. I am going to be reading following:
- Illuminae by Amie Kaufman, Jay Kristoff
- My Lady Jane (which I am using for the Challenge in the group)
The TBR and Beyond Group reads that I am participating in this month are The Gilded Wolves and White Stag.
That is it! I am hoping that I will get all of these read this month, majority of them are being used in both challenges this month so I should be able to get some of the completed.
Are any of these books on your February TBR? Are you doing any reading challenges to help reach your reading goal for the month? I would love to hear what your reading plans are for this month.