Looking back on my reading challenge in Goodreads for 2018 and I am happy with what I did accomplished from May 2018 when I started the challenge. Compare to 2017 and previous years, I did really good…I didn’t read anything but textbooks for the last 6 years which I didn’t record any of those readings in Goodreads. I can’t believe that I read 14,513 pages this year, I hope to accomplish more reading in 2019.
Reading Challenges that I am participating this year are:
- TBR and Beyond – Yearly Reading Challenge: I am moderator for TBR and Beyond Facebook group and we are running a yearly reading challenge in the group. I hoping to get a lot of the 32 items done by the end of 2019.
- The 2019 Modern Mrs. Darcy Reading Challenge: Another challenge that I am going to do is Modern Mrs. Darcy reading challenge. It seems to be an interesting challenge which help me read different types of books that I haven’t in the past.
- Goodreads 2019 Reading Challenge: I have set my reading challenge on Goodreads from 37 books to 100 books. Let see if I can come close or even meet the 100 books.
- Book Series: This year I want to finish all of the series books that I had started but never finished. I decided that I need to complete all of my unfinished series collection. My plan to include the one book from the series into my monthly TBR and I am hoping that will help me finish up with different series I have on my book shelf. Here are some of the series that I want to complete in 2019:
- Cassandra Clare:
- The Infernal Devices series
- The Dark Artifices series
- Sarah J. Maas:
- Throne of Glass series
- Alison Goodman:
- Lady Helen series
- Laini Taylor:
- Strange the Dreamer series
- Daughter of Smoke & Bones series
- Leigh Bardugo:
- Grishaverse series (Six of Crows)
- Cassandra Clare:
- Audiobooks: I want to increase my audiobooks collection, I am going to get a couple of my physical books in the audio version so that I can read them while I am at work, home (when cleaning and doing laundry), and driving long distance.
- Backlist: Going to try to read some my older books that I have been on my shelf for a long time. Let’s see if I can accomplish that with all of the great new books coming out in 2019.
- Reading Time goal: Setting time in the morning, afternoon and nighttime to read about 15 to 20 minutes day. Also going to read two books per week to get accomplish my TBR every month (crossing my fingers)
This all of my reading challenges and goals for 2019. Hoping that I will get majority of them done.